Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Safe Place


This old birdie house has seen better days! It no longer sits outside in a tree as a safe place or haven of rest for a family of birds. It was given to me by a dear friend. I love bird houses and collect them and this one happens to sit on my dresser in my bedroom. I think of a safe place. Many birds have used it to escape who knows what danger? I know that the little birds I watch out front in my yard tease the cats. They swoop down in front of them and then quickly fly back into their birdhouse for safety.  There are people that make us feel safe when we are around them. I have  issues with trusting people...I admit it. I am sure it is because I have been hurt and betrayed in the past so have a hard time believing that people are who they say they are and mean what they say! There are very few people I feel safe around but there are a few and I am thankful for them. The church should be a safe place....but many times it isn't. Instead it ends up being a place where gossip is spread and people are beaten down, and although fellow Christians preach and teach the Bible they skip over the parts on forgiveness and stirring up strife. They focus on one or two sins and ignore their own. They are judgemental toward people who get divorced, and instead of loving the women left behind with children to raise on their own, they shun, criticize and condemn without knowledge of the facts. I personally wish more churches had ministries for the single mothers. It doesn't mean that the church has to condone divorce, but it should support emotionally and spiritually, the mothers and children who feel so rejected and abandoned. The women in the church especially, should not just assume that the women who are divorced are out there looking  to take away their man, and therefore be jealous of her and shun her. What the single mothers need more than ever is for the women of the church to be a "birdhouse" for her.. ... a safe place....otherwise what will happen is, she will end up confiding in another man, and end up with another mess. It is the job of the older women in the church to be "Kind" not slanderous and gossiping! You can't undo the mistakes you have made....none of us can; but maybe out of the mess someone can learn something that will help them to not make the same mistake. Be a safe place for someone else.....make other people feel safe with YOU... don't run around spreading every little tidbit they tell you. Broken people don't need to be kicked...they need to be helped up.
Psalm 91:1 " He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share