Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Friday, May 13, 2011

Flowers In The Midst Of The Grey

It has been pretty grey and rainy here but as I drove back and forth to town today couldn't help but notice all of the many signs that Spring indeed is here at last! It has definitely taken its good old time getting to the North woods of Wisconsin this year, and the temperature is still very cool; but the signs that Spring has arrived are every where! The trees that were barren even a week ago now have promising green little leaves coming forth on them and the grass has turned from brown to green. There are even dandelions once again all over! The birds are once again fluttering around the yard in search of juicy worms and I've already seen a few baby bears on the side of the road. Now if the sun would just come out and warm us up a bit. A few weeks ago it seemed as if  Spring just wasn't coming this year.... but it always does. I sure hope it sticks around for a long while and we get a nice long summer! This hard, long, cold, dreary winter here this year, has made me really appreciate the hope that Spring brings with it! It makes me realize that without cold, I wouldn't appreciate the warmth of the sun! Without sickness, I wouldn't appreciate health. Without guilt, I wouldn't appreciate forgiveness! Without problems, I wouldn't appreciate the ability of God to solve them. Spring reminds me of all of these things. It has arrived at last, and with it many reminders to look up for the hope I need.

"He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leadeth me beside still waters, He restoreth my soul..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share