Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Thursday, May 19, 2011

What Are You Doing Up There?

Sometimes..this dog of mine is silly ...I think she hangs with the three cats too much and mimics their behaviour! I always hate when we have to leave her in the kennel for a few days but she sure does appreciate being home when it is over. She always gets a doggie report card for her time spent there. She was smiley, ate and slept well and played with the vet assistants who give her lots of attention! I have to admit I have spoiled her rotten and allowed her to get on the furniture. It wasn't so bad when she was just a little cute puppy, but now she is a full grown six year old and she still thinks she is a puppy! She gets on my lap and won't get down sometimes...just so she can cuddle. If I am laying on the couch...she wants to lay up on top...like in this picture! She is always by my side! I didn't realize that she was getting up on top of the couch until one day after I had left her home. When I returned the doily was no longer on the back of the couch and Honey had left her evidence of red hair all along the top of it. I surprised her the day I took this picture...I came into the room...camera in hand, and said, "What are you doing up there??" She just lay there looking so sweet...How can you scold a sweet puppy like that?   I thought to myself...she must have seen the cats up there because they are always laying on the back of the couch, It is my only explanation. She follows those cats around like they are her babies and even scolds them when they get into it with each other! She barks to let me know if one of them is out on the porch and needs to come in! She really keeps track of them and hangs with them ....eats with them....does whatever they do...it is pretty interesting. I guess it is the same rule for animals as it is for us....you become like who you hang around! Have you ever noticed? The more you are with someone the more you start acting like them?  Scary.....in some instances....makes you want to get away from some people in a hurry before you become too much like them!.A man is known by the company he keeps. I guess it really is important to choose my friends wisely....I am thankful for my many good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share