Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

You Are My Sunshine

Children are a gift from God. A ray of sunshine in a cloudy life. I remember the overwhelming joy I felt when I had my first child....at the same time such a feeling of overwhelming responsibility! I gave my first baby the middle name Joy because of the joy she brought to my heart. I recall the tune I sang over and over to her as she grew from infant to toddler to a sweet little girl. "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are gray. You'll never know dear, how much I love you...please don't take my sunshine away." It still brings sunshine to my heart to hear her voice on the phone and listen of her latest accomplishments. It lightens my day to know she is happy. God has blessed me with three other rays of sunshine as well, and one awaiting me in Heaven. Maybe I especially, am really going to appreciate the sunshine of Heaven more than most.....I really, really, hate cloudy gloomy weather...and this morning made me think on this because once more, it is cloudy here in Wisconsin! We just cannot seem to get sunshine! I so am longing for the warm rays of sunshine beaming down on my aching tired sick body! I was reading in Psalm 60 this morning. The Lord will be my everlasting light......my sunshine!
Psalm 60:19-20 "...for the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory. Your sun will never set again, and your moon will wane no more; the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your days of sorrow will end."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share