Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Carry A Tune

Lately I have been waking up very early...before the sun. This morning I noticed something I haven't noticed in a very long,long time!! It must mean that the long awaited Spring is HERE....I hope! I heard a bird just singing to the top of his little birdie lungs...non-stop and it has been going on now for a few hours. I am quite sure it is the same bird since I am sitting here on my sofa listening and the welcomed sound is coming from the tree right outside my window here. I have often wondered about the birds singing. What in the world are they so happy about anyway? No worries? Carefree? Just waiting for their next juicy worm? I guess God just made them with the ability to praise Him that way. I like to sing however, I admit...you would not really like it!! I do not think I can carry a tune in a basket! Our grandson was in a play..he was a tree with a bird's nest on top of his head! ....that would have been cool if there was a real bird in it singing away! This gets me thinking....when is the last time I actually sang a song? Hmmm....think it has been awhile. A merry heart is good like a medicine...I think I need to sing more!! Of course the dog might howl and the cats might run away, but it might make me feel better. OR....at least...play some nice music and sing along so no one else can tell I am singing with it. Anyway, the point is.. even if I can't carry a tune... I need to...and so do you. Even the loud little bird is singing and welcoming the sun.



No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share