Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Me Again!


"Here I am again....Lord!" Sometimes I feel like He gets tired of us, but I know better in my heart. He doesn't think like we do. We get tired of people sometimes and their irritating ways. Maybe you go out of your way to avoid them when you see them coming. I have had a few like that in the past...however I am learning that God usually ends up putting those people in our path for a reason and to help us become a better person. It takes character to be nice to someone who is irritating and to someone you know dislikes you or resents you, but you do it anyway; not always because you want to...but because it is the right thing to do.

This morning sitting here, approaching God once again...with the same old things on my mind...made me think of this. Does he feel irritated with me constantly repeating my story to him? Does he feel upset by my asking for favors? Does he get sick and tired of me beating the same old drum?

As I think on this, a few long-ago memorized verses come to mind.They are a comfort for my tired and weary soul. He wants me to call out to Him and make my requests known to Him. He wants me to be utterly desperate and dependent only on Him! He Is not tired of me coming to Him....He actuallly delights in it. I am glad....relieved that I have a friend who never grows weary of listening and one in whom I can totally confide without judgement. I look up once again at the sign over the doorway..."Let us be silent that we may hear the whisper of God"~Ralph W. Emerson....It is now my turn to be silent and hear His whisper to my heart.

Psalm 145:18 " The Lord is near to those that call on Him, to all who call on Him in truth."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share