Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Friday, May 27, 2011

Love Is...

Love is...do we even know what real love is? The kind of love that we should have for other people I mean? It is so easy to love people who are easy to get along with but to love someone who gets under your skin is another issue. Love is ....Kind. Love is not rude. Love is not easily angered. Ouch! That one is hard for me! On and on the list goes of all the characteristics of  love the way God spells it out! I don't measure up. I know it. I fall so short on so many fronts. I can't possibly do it on my own....there are just some times it is difficult to show that kind of love to others. The only one who can love perfectly is God, of course. This morning as these words jab at me and tell me of my shortcomings once again....I have no choice but to realize that only through Him am I ever going to be able to do it! Love that is....love people the way I am supposed to....unconditionally...like it says....love is patient, love is kind, doesn't envy, doesn't boast, isn't proud, is not rude, is not selfish,and there it is again!!!......is not easily angered! Keeps no record of wrongs, doesn't delight in evil,.....OK....still learning these lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share