Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Busy Building

I guess it is really Spring! This morning as I opened the door to let my sweet little hyper dog out, the birds were flying around. One of them had some hay in his little beak and was going back and forth from the top of my doorway to the bushes for I guess some twigs or hay or something with which to help him build that little nest. The lilac bush across our driveway was full of little birds fluttering around, in and out of there in a scurry. I noticed on our way to town the other day, a large beaver dam all built up in the middle of the pond that we pass. These North woods critters have been busy building! They are preparing their place of comfort. Their "dream home"! I will probably never get my "dream home" here on Earth, and there are a few people who probably think I don't deserve it anyway. That is alright. Some of you know...I have always wanted a log cabin for as long as I can remember...even as a little girl reading "Little House On The Prairie".  I guess I have always wanted to live in the simplicity of that era. Last week in our weekly ladies Bible study group we read John 14. It  is perfect for my thoughts this morning. While on one hand I feel a tad disappointed that I have not been able to have my log cabin, I have found a whole lot more comfort in the fact that I have a mansion waiting for me. When Jesus left this Earth and went back to Heaven He promised that He was preparing a place for me....building me my "dream home'! Getting my "log cabin in the sky" ready!   
                                                                                                                                                                                                                "Let not your heart be troubled, ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions. If it were not so I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you."~John 14:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share