Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Nothing to Boast About

It is sunny and quiet here this morning....with my "Honey" at the kennel. Strange feeling without that little wet nose on my cheek this morning....I am hoping the 40 degrees will raise and end up feeling like a nice day! My mind sometimes goes in a million directions in the morning and sometimes it just seems to go blank! Today ....is a "blank" day and I think more coffee is in order!!
I guess I was thinking on a comment I heard someone say .....about how surprising it was that someone with alcohol on their breath or cigarette smoke would clean up and come and sit down next to them at church. I heard this comment about a week or so ago and have not been able to get it off my mind for some reason.  It seems so judgemental and hypocritical to me; for the person sitting next to the "alcohol-smelly  person"....surely must have some sin also. Isn't one sin the same as another? Hmm. The woman caught in adultery....what DID Jesus do? What WAS His response?  What ARE the seven things God lists that He hates? Haven't we all offended at some point? Why is it then that some Christians like to exalt themselves above others and try to make themselves and others believe they are so much better or more spiritual than another ? Jesus came to save ALL sinners. Guess what? If you are dressed up in your  "Sunday Best" and sitting next to a "loser who stinks" and was out all night drinking.....you are no better! You are both sinners. It is only through the blood of Christ that anyone is forgiven and saved.....it has nothing to do with how good you are. I love how Jesus ate with tax collectors and sinners. Today....some Christians would be joining in criticizing that, I'm sure...but His response to the pharisees of the day was that the healthy don't need a Dr., but the sick do....and that His purpose was to save sinners.(Mark2:13-17) Boy... am I ever a big huge sinner and I admit it.......So thankful on this new sunny day...once again for the grace of God...for that is the only thing saving this rotten sinner...and if you admit it...you are the same. None of us have anything to boast about...!
                                                                                                                                                                               Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by Grace are you saved through Faith, and not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works  lest any man should boast."


1 comment:

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share