Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Toys

Toys! They usually mean there are children present! Not in my house...just a grown up little girl who still loves them. These are not the kind of toys that our kids of this generation are playing with! I really don't think too many of them are shooting marbles or playing Chinese checkers these days. It is more like video games! I suppose kids don't realize that we did not have video games or computers to entertain us when we were their age. We went outside..went swimming in a pond, pretended...what's that? The simple things sometimes bring the biggest enjoyment. I find that so true even as an adult. Sometimes we try to over complicate things......we analyze, criticize, try to figure everything out on our own. Then I hear a still small voice within telling me to just have faith like a child and to trust in His unfailing guidance and love. He knows this ocean....He is aware of the storm....He doesn't always calm it....but He will get me through it. Once again I am humbled and shamed at the same time. I already know this stuff. Why then do I worry? Or get upset when things are other than what I planned? I look back at the toys....I am reminded I am His child....He is the Best Father a child could have. His arms are around me once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share