Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Friday, May 6, 2011

Just Prevent The Wrinkles


 I love antiques and anything at all that reminds me of a time that I did not get to live in; a time in which my grandparents lived. In a lot of ways things sure seemed simpler; but you've got to appreciate progress as well! Just look at these old irons for example. They are heavy on the wrist for one thing...that's an issue with me since I have carpal tunnel and nerve damage in my arm. They are small, therefore they don't cover as much material at once as the irons we now have  today. Oh, and don't forget you would have to heat these on a wood stove for a while before you could iron and then you might scorch your clothes if  the iron was a bit too hot!
 I suppose they did get the job done which was to get the wrinkles out. I have always hated to iron. I always have gone out of my way to buy clothes that are virtually wrinkle free, or will become so after a spin in the dryer. To me, the task of getting the wrinkles out is such a tedious task......I figure, isn't it easier to prevent the wrinkles in the first place?? Oh..I don't like the way this hits home to me ...... It's a lesson to be learned for sure! It is so much easier to prevent problems than to try to fix them afterward.... reality check here....made way too many wrinkles....need to be way more careful to prevent them! Number one culprit...the mouth..".so Lord, put your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share