Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Monday, May 9, 2011

Here Comes The Sun

Here comes the sun! NO...not here. Not today, anyway! There is rain in the forecast for most of this week from what I heard. Yesterday, it was a beautiful sunny day here, and I actually was able to sit outside and enjoy a little bit of "me" time out in the sun! A nice Mother's Day gift. There was a time back in the day when I thought I would never get a second to myself, ever in my life! As I sat out there yesterday soaking up as many of the warm rays as I could, I was wondering if it would last! I had just hardly thought it and some gray clouds covered up my sun! The wind started blowing, I started shivering and my outside time to myself was over in a whole twenty minutes! Now this morning the sky is not sunny! It is gray once more and looking like it will be a rainy cool day here again! Sometimes it feels the same when problems and trials seem to overwhelm us. They come in groups sometimes! You just get through one thing and then another thing comes along to test your endurance once again. Then the sun comes out briefly and you may get a reprieve from it all and what  a renewal it is! Then down comes the rain once more and the wind starts blowing and rips your trees up by the roots! This is when you have to remember the sun WILL come out again and the storm will eventually cease and you will appreciate the warmth of it and the stillness all that much more! So...hang on ....Here comes the sun!

"It isn't raining rain to me~ it's raining daffodils;
In every dimpled drop I see wildflowers upon the hills."~Robert Loveman

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share