Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Monday, May 2, 2011

Just A Weakling!

I was always a tomboy as a kid...especially around 4th, 5th, and 6th grades. I could throw a punch on the playground just as well as any boy in my class. I did in fact get sent to the Principal's office a time or two for fighting, and I think most of those times were for fighting the boys and giving bloody noses! The biggest insult of all of course was if someone was to call you a "weakling"  or say that you "fought like a girl"! I think I have always been a fighter...in my spirit...in my very being...always questioned things for myself...never willing to just take other people's ideas..gotta check everything out for myself! Throughout the years I have had to go through many "fights" ..no not fist fights, but other battles in life, and some were pretty ferocious and tedious! Some I thought I would never make it through alive! However, I never considered myself to be a weakling! I have always  convinced myself that I was strong and could make it ...perhaps I felt I had to show I was strong to everyone around me! I have come to think differently. I really, am not strong at all. In fact, I have found out what a weakling  I really am! I have no strength in myself to rely on! When it comes down to it...I am just a scrawny 4th or 5th grade little girl with very little muscle and trembling knees! I am in fact, a "Scaredy Cat"!....."Chicken!".......  I realize this morning...that in my WEAKNESS, God drives me to Him and shows me how very STRONG, HE is.

Isaiah 40:29 "He giveth power to the faint and to them that have no might he increaseth strength."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share