Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Friday, May 20, 2011

What Are You Planting?

You all know how much I have been complaining about the cold, dreary, weather we have had up here in Wisconsin. It has seemed to be the dreariest of winters I can ever remember in my life! As I look out my window this morning, I am very pleased to announce to you that everything is GREEN! The sun is shining! All of the country farming neighbors are busy getting their gardens ready! If I were not so sick I probably would be doing the same.....but digging around in the dirt when you don't feel well just is not going to happen! My Mother- in- Law is busy at work getting hers ready of course and works at it every year tediously. As she sat at my kitchen table the other day talking about her garden for this year, the question once again came up. What are you planting?  I am sure there will be the regular stuff, like the big red tomatoes, the monstrous zucchini, that goes into God knows what....I guess just about everything....then there are the green beans, and the super sized squash. Oh...and this year maybe the kind of squash that you have to cut with an axe??? I am tickled at her enthusiasm over her garden. It  brought my mind into focus.  What am I planting? No...I am not having a garden out in the field....don't mean that! I mean ....in my life, in the lives of others around me? Seeds that will grow and be left for someone to harvest later. Guess I need to work on this one.
Hosea 10:12 " Sow for yourselves righteousness, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek the Lord , until He comes and showers righteousness on you."
                                                                                                                                                                       


No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share