Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Wait Patiently?

Wait Patiently? HMM! I have never been too good at waiting for anything and definitely by nature am not a very patient person...so how in the world am I supposed to just wait patiently? It is a hard thing to wait for things. If you have ever watched baby chicks emerge from their eggs you know it is a time consuming process. Little by little they peck their way through the eggshell until their little beak first emerges. It looks as if they will never make it! It seems like they need someone to help them break the shell....but actually they do much better if left alone. They do eventually get the shell broken open enough to slowly emerge out into the world. I have several things I am waiting on and have lately found myself getting a little too anxious about wanting them to be over and done with and answers like RIGHT NOW! Then I am reminded to wait. Patiently even. So today I again am still waiting .....there must be some purpose in the delay. A lesson for me to learn. A  reminder once again that all is in God's hands and I need to rest and wait. Perhaps in my waiting He will give me the courage and grace to face whatever the waiting brings. Perhaps in my waiting He will give me peace and quiet my inner anxieties and fears. I glance up above my sofa to the rustic sign I made just last winter....little did I know when I made it that I would be sitting here today ....waiting.....it says.."Wait on the Lord, be of good courage, He shall strengthen thine heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share