Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Beside The Still Waters

I am not sure what it is in my blood that is so attracted to water but I have always loved both the ocean and the many lakes that I have lived around. I had the privilege of being around the Atlantic Ocean as a kid, visiting all of the relatives in Maine....my favorite scenic place. I also have the privilege now of living near many lakes, and in the summer like to go there to a few of my favorites as often as possible. There is something emotionally calming about just sitting on the edge of an old wooden dock all alone, overlooking a lake, with the blue sky reflecting off the water. I guess I have something in common with David, the Psalmist...he liked the still water.  He was a shepherd,  and more than likely led his sheep to places where there was "still water" for them to drink and get refreshed. It was a place for himself to rest and get restored. He compared the Lord to a Shepherd....... "He leadeth me beside the still waters....He restoreth my soul." When my whole life seems stormy and chaotic and the tension and anxieties begin to mount up too high to handle....that's when the "Good Shepherd" takes me by the hand and whispers in my ear..."C'mon...let's go to the lake!" Rest...Relax...Renew....

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share