Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Sunday, May 29, 2011

My Watermelon Bear

Here he sits... so patiently waiting for summer...sitting on the porch, just waiting for it to get warm enough, to start seeing those big, round, dark, green watermelons with lime green stripes, piled high in a big cardboard box in the entrance of the supermarket! There is nothing quite so refreshing on a hot summer day at least in my opinion, as a juicy slice of ripe red watermelon. I remember long ago being at a picnic and watched in awe as a man doused his slice of watermelon with salt! I thought "yuck"! That must be disgusting! Upon much urging...he convinced me to try some salt on mine. I think I was only about twelve years old at the time. I was so surprised at how good it actually was! To this day... I will not eat my watermelon without salt and every time... I think of that man who now is up in Heaven. I wonder if he can see me putting salt on my watermelon and giggles a bit? Thanks George M. for taking a few minutes out of your "adult time" at that picnic to teach me to put salt on my watermelon. Whenever I look at this little Watermelon Bear I think of that day and am so thankful for adults who pay attention to kids. Just one little simple bit of attention can mean so much, and will be remembered for a lifetime.
Matthew 18:5 "And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share