Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Friday, April 1, 2011

Six Fingered Six Toed Giant!

Did you know there was really a man with six fingers and six toes? I read about him this morning in 2 Samuel 21.  David had a ton of enemies and apparently this giant of a man was one of them. I think I would be a bit intimidated if I had someone that was huge with six fingers and six toes coming at me! David repeatedly prayed for God to rescue him from his enemies and God always came to the rescue! In this case He sent someone along to kill this giant for David and afterward David wrote Psalm 18.  2 Samuel 21:20 "In still another battle which took place in Gath, there was a huge man with six fingers on each hand and six toes on each foot-- twenty-four in all. He also was descended from Rapha. When he taunted Israel, Jonathan son of Shimeah, David's brother killed him." Then David sang to the Lord and thanked him for delivering him from his enemies. Why in the world do we feel so intimidated by the giants in our lives when we have someone watching out for us and so ready to defend us? It reminded me once again this morning that so long as we trust in God's protection over us we do not need to live in fear and intimidation. If He could deliver David from a six fingered six toed giant then I know He can and will deliver me from whatever giants are in my life!

Psalm 18:1-2  "I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer."

1 comment:

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share