Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Friday, April 22, 2011

Don't Be Scared!


Have you ever been scared? Dumb question I suppose~If you are breathing, then at one time or another there has been something that has given you goosebumps a time or two! Maybe you are adventurous like me, and have tried to be scared on purpose....like being stupid and going on the meanest, steepest, roller coasters or never being able to find a haunted house that was quite worth the money? Maybe you like to watch scary movies that keep you on the edge of your seat. Those are all fake ways to be scared...but what about when the "real" things in life throw you a curve, and give you a scare? What then? Maybe a certain quality has been cultivating in me my whole life in order to handle some of life's scary moments...I don't know...but even as a kid when my friends would be scared...I was always the brave one..the leader of the pack saying "c'mon guys...what are you so afraid of?"   Many times since then, I have had to face so many scary situations and realize after looking back at them, that God had given me a sense of real peace at a time when I should have been scared to death! If you are facing something scary today...remember there is someone available to hold your hand and give you peace and calm your anxiety. I have always loved this...."What  time I am afraid, I will trust in You..."~Psalm 56:3

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Kathy. I needed this today. I have had shingles since the end of March. At this time last week I was in the hospital, waiting to see a neurologist to find out why I am not getting better. I have extreme complications due to the shingles, and the doctor was able to get me on some medicine to start making my nerves work properly. He said it will be 3 weeks to 3 months for recovery and he THINKS I will be 100% at the end, but there is no telling. I came home on Sunday with a walker to make sure I don't fall down and instructions for my husband and parents to babysit me until I am well enough to take care of myself.

    Am I scared? You bet! Do I try to pretend I am not? Of course! Is there always someone to talk to at 3 AM when I am wondering if I will forever have a headache (I'm on day number 28 now) and not be steady enough to walk? I didn't think so until I read your post. Yes, there IS someone to talk to. And I don't even have to get out of bed to do it!

    Your header says you hope someone will find your musings helpful. Today that wish has been fulfilled. I hope you have a terrific weekend!

    ReplyDelete

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share