Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Friday, April 8, 2011

Showers Bring Flowers

It's hard to believe we are into the month of April already! It doesn't really feel as if  Winter is officially gone for good here in the Northwoods but I am hoping so. Our yard is a bit mushy from the melting snow, and the water seeping down the hill into the driveway, is making for good mud pies should you want to make some! I haven't seen any flowers just yet although I have been hearing sounds of Spring, such as the birds first thing in the morning, and the loud cries of the wild coyotes, as the nightly train makes its way through our little rural town, at late hours at night, when I am trying to sleep. The April rains should be coming too. Remember the saying..."April showers bring May flowers!"  I do appreciate the rain, and I realize we do need it for a variety of reasons, and besides it is a free car wash!  As a result of  the rain we get some beautiful flowers. This makes me think of that song I used to sing with my First Graders a long time ago...."The Blessings will come down as the prayers go up..the blessings will come down as the prayers go up... the blessings will come down as the prayers go up....so build your house on the LORD Jesus Christ." There is some truth to it...blessings do come when you pray! I can definitely say that is the truth.  Some things have happened in my life recently that there is no way it could have happened unless....it was God.... and they just happened to be things that were being prayed about...so I know that God cares about what I say to Him and He does answer prayers that other people pray for me and I am so thankful to have so many praying friends!!! Keep 'em  going up 'cuz I sure like those blessings coming down!!
Jeremiah 33:3 "Call unto me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things which you know not."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share