Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Not Home Yet

If you have ever been on a long vacation, then you know that even though you may enjoy your journey, there is nothing like the ending of it when you can finally return home. I have been on trips before for two weeks at a time, some of which seemed way longer than two weeks, and by the time I got home I truly felt so thankful to finally be home once again! I have even said, "Home Sweet Home"...as I walked through the door lugging my suitcases in both arms! This life we are living really is just a journey we are on, and one day it will end and we will finally be "HOME" in Heaven. That is the hope that we have that one day we will walk through the gates of Heaven and we will be "Home" at last. The journey will be over.  Rest ...Peace...Joy...Beauty...Warmth of the Son,  like we have never experienced before, here in our present journey.....All of our loved ones that have gone before us will be there to welcome us " Home". I would like to think that when I am ushered through that gate I am going to say......"Home Sweet Home". But until then...God gives grace for our journey and expects us to enjoy our journey....so enjoy your journey today...remind yourself that no one knows how long their journey is going to be......make the most of each day.

Psalm 23:6 "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell  in the house of the Lord forever."



No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share