Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What Is It Good For?

Everything serves a purpose. Some of these purposes are so clear to us and yet others are so obscure we scratch our head and wonder how it could serve any purpose at all. We think ,"what is it good for?" This was another of my finds one day in the barn! I don't have any idea what it even IS never mind what it is good for! Maybe one of you will know...you might have to admit your age in recognizing it however! I look at so many things that have happened in my life that while they were occurring I had no clue what purpose they were serving and now as I look at them can see the hand of God in them. He had everything all worked out down to the smallest detail. He still does. Amazing...yes, we make our own choices and when you think about it, it is because He gave us a free will so that we can choose. In spite of our choices, He still redirects and works behind the scenes to bring to pass what is supposed to be. I have learned to be a better listener ....I have heard people say they have learned to "talk" to God....but have you learned to listen? Maybe because this past year I have had a lot of time of not feeling well and just sitting still...it has been a good experience. He speaks through His word but He also speaks through a still small voice within our spirit when we are quiet. He calms our anxieties, fears, concerns. He lets us know He already has a plan and already sees down the road and knows which way it will curve. He reaches out His strong hand and grabs a hold of ours and promises to be right by our side throughout the journey no matter how steep the mountain path may get. It has taken me a long while to learn these lessons....but this week when the doctor called in a somber voice and cautiously tried to explain to me my recent test results, I told him to just come out and tell me...and I honestly felt no fear and no anxiety. I know He has a plan. I do not ask, or tell Him to remove this from me, because I do not know the purpose it is serving. He always has a purpose whether we can see it or not. He has promised to never leave me without support...so I trust that He will provide the strength I need to endure this and to be a blessing to others in it .God never promised a trouble free life...what He did promise, was that He is with me in each trouble!

Isaiah 41:10 " So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God, I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share