Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Coffee Is Coffee!



Anyone who really knows me, or has sat at my kitchen table  for a visit, knows that I am a coffee lover! Not just your average coffee drinker! I like it strong! Maybe that is why I have health issues...???? Oh  well...it is something I truly enjoy in the morning when I am soaking in the quiet stillness and hear the ticking of the clock on the top of the entertainment center, with the dog and cat stretched out next to me on the sofa. I was so tickled when I found these old coffee cans in the barn! I felt connected with my husband's grandpa and grandma who had lived in this old house long before us. Coffee lovers...yay...but I wonder why the cans were so stinkin' small back in the day? I would have gone through a can in two or three days. I noticed in my searching around the barn that there were more coffee cans scattered here and there, with this and that in them. Screws, parts, just odds and ends, all of course pretty rusty,and grimy. Grandpa must have confiscated all of the coffee cans as they used them and then taken them to the barn to put his "stuff" in. It must run in the family;....my husband collects and saves everything I try to throw away....I guess you call it being resourceful! Anyway, ..somehow I got off of the coffee....sorry. I guess what I was thinking on was that there were different kinds of coffee cans. I think I found at least five different brands. Each can had a unique design on the outside but on the inside....Coffee! To me, coffee is coffee, so long as I make it strong, it is good! Each of us are unique. We were designed that way,..to each be different, yet we are all people! To God, we are all the same!! I get a bit irritated at people who are Christians and can't accept other Christians who may be just a tad different in their "brand" so to speak,,,,, but in their hearts they are born again Christians...we are going to be so surprised when we get to Heaven..I don't think it is going to be divided up into sections! All of the ones from this group, go over here...and if you are from this group you belong on the other side! We all are going to the same place and we all are getting there the same exact way.. through the blood of Jesus and only that. Some Christians need to get off of their high horse and start loving other Christians and stop being so judgemental toward them! Newsflash..... You are going to spend eternity with these people...Love as Jesus does.                                                                                                                                 I John 4:11"Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share