Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Guided Tour


I remember one time as a kid being on a field trip to some museum...and yeah, I have no idea what museum, because I never was interested in museums...as a matter of fact, I hated those kind of field trips!...Anyway, we were supposed to be on a guided tour of this museum and listen to the seemingly, long winded speech of the tour guide, and follow her every step...ugh!  I, being the impulsive, impetuous person that I am.... was itching to break away and go my own direction and explore on my own! Who needed a stupid tour guide anyway? When no one was paying attention.. I did just that, and soon I was free and easy; roaming from room to room on my own.  At first it was great fun and exciting! Then after awhile, I realized all was silent and I had no clue where I was, and no idea how to get back to my group! I roamed around scared for awhile thinking I would be left behind and all of my friends would soon be back on the bus heading back to school without ME! I sat down and began to cry...I am not so sure how long I sat on the floor crying but it seemed to me like a very long time...when soon I heard my teacher and the tour guide calling my name...They had found me! I got the scolding of my life of course for leaving the group in the first place and I should have known better to stick with the Tour Guide since he was the one who knew the way around! I think I should have learned my lesson that day..but you know life is just like that. We do have a guide that knows the way better than we do, yet we sometimes try to go our own direction and at first it is fine and dandy.....until we realize we don't have a clue! We should have stuck with our guide in the first place! I have many times in my life been stubborn and wanted to do my own thing...and have found out it brings some pretty sticky situations and consequences. The sweet thing is that the guide in my life loves me and always comes to find me. God doesn't just leave me  or forsake me. That day as a little girl in the museum when my guide came back to get me, I was so thankful! He hadn't forgotten me or left me behind! The Lord never forsakes those who have called upon Him. No matter where you may be or what you have done...He knows His children and will always bring you back to where you belong!
       Psalm 32:8 "I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye."
Hebrews 13:5 "Never will I leave you: never will I forsake you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share