Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Monday, April 4, 2011

Wood For The Fire

This is our woodpile or  I should say it is one of our wood piles. Some winters we use more than this pile to keep our two woodstoves burning. We do have a furnace as well with propane heat but the winters are pretty harsh up in the Northwoods so in order to save on heating costs we burn wood. Those woodstoves can really put out some warmth and heat the entire house when you keep the wood going in. If by chance you forget about it and  don't put any more wood into it then the fire goes out. Funny that in Proverbs, gossip is likened to this. The more you talk about something to someone else, about someone else, the more people get involved; and then pretty soon you have a huge bonfire of gossip and lies. If you choose to just let it die out and not fuel the gossip by spreading it, then it really doesn't go anywhere. A good thing to remember is that if someone brings a tidbit to you, then they are taking a tidbit from you to someone else! I sure have some work here! The best thing to do is to stop it in it's tracks before it can even get going.....so if need be...just keep your mouth shut and you will keep yourself from a world of trouble.

Proverbs 26:20 "Without wood a fire goes out; without gossip a quarrel dies down."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share