Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Love Speaks Louder...

I can bet you have heard..."Love speaks louder than words."...
Oh, so true. When you say you love someone but then in turn you do not ever believe in what they are doing, are never proud of them, never build them up....hmmmm I wonder is that "LOVE"? I have been thinking on this a lot lately ..examining my own self...I want to thoroughly love the people in my life in the proper way. My adult children especially, and now also my grandson. When we say we "love" someone, do we listen to what they are trying to  tell us, or are we too consumed with our own petty problems to pay attention to what the message really is? It is funny that so many think the Bible is not relevant to our lives today...but why is it then that there are always verses on the subject matter at hand? God already thought of this....He talks about what true love is and isn't, in I Corinthians 13.... known as the "Love" chapter of the Bible. It always amazes me that people start saying "judge not lest ye be judged", when it comes to someone maybe looking at them for a change, and maybe seeing something undesirable in their life. Those same people show no true love to their own children or grandchildren! They preach to others but don't practise it for themselves. If you are going to preach, then practise. If you love your own children, and I speak as a mother of four myself, you are in every way trying to believe in each one, and build them up all through their life. I thought yesterday of a sunbeam...my little grandson, what a fantastic little blessing that he is! I do not see him as a burden, or just another baby, as some might! I love him and that is the difference! I was thinking this morning, if that little baby is a sunbeam,than I need to be a big old lighthouse with a big bright beacon, to shine my love all over the place. I want it to be so bright that it will never be questioned. I want my children and grandchildren to feel the warmth of the radiance from it, and my friends to feel it too! When you say you love but you are jealous, unkind, critical, judgemental, rude, self- seeking, easily angered.....well guess what? I think your light in your lighthouse has gone out and needs re-lighting!!! Love truly speaks louder than words. I want to make sure that my love radiates so much that it makes my words believable!
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs, Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."~
I Corinthians 13:4-7

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share