Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My First Friend

I still remember her head of dark curly hair. She was a year or two younger than I was but we were best of friends. We were neighbors. I remember her contagious giggling. Her house was an escape for me. I was only six years old but I was allowed to go to her house since it was right next door. It was like a breath of fresh air. There was laughter, there were lots of hugs, there were snacks and Batman and Robin on a color TV.  There was a Grandpa and a Grandma who acted as though I was a part of their family. Bless their hearts....they are responsible for getting me hooked on coffee!! They made me "coffee-milk" every time I was over and it tasted so good to me, not only because of all of the sugar and real cream that was in it, but because of the love and acceptance I felt when I sat at their kitchen table and sipped it with a spoon, and listened as the Grandpa told silly stories to me and my friend, and as she giggled and giggled. It made me forget my own sadness for just a little while. We sat on the cellar door in the hot sun and sang silly songs..we skipped along in the woods together holding hands...we colored together. Just simple things, but they were important to me! I was very sad the day my friend and her family packed up a truck and moved away...I only saw her a few more times after that, and then she was gone forever from my life. As I think back over my life, I realize now, that God has always provided me with one special friend at just the right time, and at just the right place  in my life! There have been many people who have been friends, don't get me wrong, but some have been very special. I have come to really treasure friends. I have heard people say... that they don't need friends. I think that is a lot of  boloney! I have come to value my friendships and see that we each can give so much to another person. We don't even realize what a little kindness can do for a person who is going through something that is hard. I love all of my friends. I am thankful most of all for the Best friend who has never left my side of course.....He has always been holding my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share