Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Grandma's Little Sunbeam

As you can tell if you have been reading any of my posts at all...I am SO sick of this wintry gloomy rainy weather...sorry I don't really mean to start out this morning complaining! It is just that when the weather is damp and cloudy and gray and cold...I tend to ache more and really have a struggle to feel human! I love it when I see the sunshine beaming through my windows and it just gives me renewed strength and energy to face whatever is ahead! Yesterday was a rainy wet gloomy kind of a day here in the Northwoods once again! My spirits however were not gloomy... my body for the most part was not too achy, and I had the best day I have had in a very long time. Why, in spite of all of this nasty weather? Well...it was because of the little sunbeam that was in my life yesterday! I had the privilege of spending the entire day with my son and grandson who is four months old. What a great time we had! Grandchildren have a way of bringing a joy into your heart that is unexplainable other than to say that he was like a warm sunbeam in the midst of my storm!! After a long day the little guy finally caved in and was snuggly tucked in for a night's rest and this weary grandma with her cane, dragged her tired self into her car and drove herself the 45 minutes home. All the way home just kept thinking of what a warm feeling that being with my son and grandson brought to me. Then I realized how much we take for granted. I was so very thankful for that little sunbeam yesterday! Can't wait for another warm snuggle.


No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share