Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Free Kittens

I will be sure  that Spring has indeed arrived in the Northland when I drive down our country roads and start seeing signs that say "Free Kittens"! They are usually plentiful in the Spring on all of the farms! We have three and that is enough. There always seems to be a few strays wandering around here though, looking for food.  Even if we don't throw them anything I am sure they are able to find a few shrews or moles in the fields or barn, so I am sure that  they don't go hungry. Sometimes I get very annoyed with the fact that we have three cats but my husband blames it on me, and says it is my fault for getting him to like cats in the first place; however I have a confession to make! I have never really liked cats! I actually am allergic to them and have to take benedryl to stand them! I could really live better without them! I allowed them when my kids were growing up because of my daughter Jen..the one who loves all four- footed creatures, and would take compassion on all strays if she could! She even rescued a cat from the missile field in North Dakota and I had to drive that cat all the way from North Dakota back to Illinois with it whining and crying the whole way!! But I did it because I love my daughter...Not the cat so much....! Anyway, I was getting very annoyed by all of the cat hair in the house since this has been a very cold winter and they will not go outside. I had carpal tunnel surgery so the vacuuming ...well, not been quite to my liking.  So, needless to say there has been a lot of hair floating! I thought to myself this week...what good are cats anyway?? Why in the world would God create such a creature that is constantly rubbing up against you and licking you with that sandpaper of a tongue? Yuck! Then one of the days this week when I was not feeling so well and I decided to lay down for awhile, one by one, the "Cats" all came and curled up next to me on the bed! One right up in my face purring as loudly as she could...I don't know if I was really thrilled about that! The others miraculously were laying right next to Honey, my English Cocker Spaniel. So, there we were...me feeling lousy, and the  " Cats" and the dog showing me some comfort. That is when it struck me that God made these funny little creatures for a purpose. One of which  is to bring comfort to us. We all had a nice nap that day.  I am thankful for the fact that God even thought of giving us creatures to comfort us.  I guess I will keep them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share