Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Ride Away To The Land Of Far Away

 She was just a small little thing with two pony tails with red ribbons sloppily tied on each. Her shoes a few sizes too big since they were handed down and her  pants needed a safety pin to cinch in the waist in order to stay  up.  She wished she had pretty clothes and shiny shoes like her friends and pretty braids. She did not know why there was always so much yelling and screaming....it made her tummy hurt! It made her want to cry! She didn't know what to do. She just wanted to run away from it all. She got on her faithful friend....her pony, who she talked to everyday.  He listened to what she had to say....no one else did. She could pet him and talk to him and then things would start to feel a little bit better. She would get on "Chestnut" and ride away to the Land of Far Away where there was no yelling....no screaming!  She would ride faster and faster and as she rode she would sing to the top of her lungs all of the songs she was taught in Sunday School......"YES, JESUS LOVES ME....YES,JESUS LOVES ME..YES, JESUS LOVES ME...THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO...." She would ride and sing and cry until she was so worn out she would have to stop and then get off her faithful little Chestnut give him a pat....and say "thanks for the ride".

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share