Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Thursday, April 21, 2011

It's A Choice!

It's a definite choice that we make each day to drag our weary bodies out of the bed! If we are smart we will first make it to the coffee pot...at least in my opinion! I feel a bit more on the human side after at least a few sips of my extra strong fuel. Second to that, I sit and try to relax before the start of my day and think on some blessings. This I have found, is a definite choice!! I have to force myself to choose to think on counting my blessings; I am not always so good in this department....I must confess! I naturally in my mind want to go first to the negatives!! There always seems to be about ten negatives to one positive!! I start thinking to myself...OK ...self...something is wrong here!!! Surely you must have somehow overemphasized the negatives or overlooked some things that you could count as blessings!!  It is the truth...there are so many things that I end up thinking of. You should give it a try...even if you think you don't have that much to be thankful for....just start counting and you will be surprised with what you come up with. It really doesn't come naturally, it is a choice...but the more you do it the more you will realize you have been blessed with so much!

Psalm 103:2 "Praise the LORD  O my soul, and forget not all His benefits..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share