Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My Neck Of the Woods

When you say you are going to the Doctor, you probably think about getting in your car and driving  a few blocks, a few stop signs or traffic lights along the way. Maybe you have to fight bumper to bumper traffic to get there or have to get on the interstate for awhile and fight crazy drivers that want to run you off the road. Believe me.. I have had that kind of driving plenty of times in my life. For me...going to the doctor yesterday, meant getting in my car and having a very peaceful, relaxing, one and a half hour drive, while listening to Enya and watching the wildlife along the sides of the road, in the wilderness of the Northwoods here in my neck of the woods! I wasn't into my journey more than about ten minutes, when an Eagle came swooping down in front of me to nab up some juicy tidbit of a morsel on the shoulder of the road. So majestic, and although they seem so plentiful here and we see them quite often, I am still in awe of their strength! Then I went on for awhile longer and out of the corner of my right eye,  saw a beaver splashing around in a small pool of water. Just in my quick glance as I was driving by, I saw it dive up and down a few times and knew it must be busy at work building a dam. Spring was truly beginning to be evident to me as I drove mile after mile listening  to my music and thinking on things. Then in front of me across the road runs a fox carrying a black crow in it's mouth over to the side of the road where it continued to massacre the poor bird! But...it had a nice meal...If any of you listen to Enya ever..you know it is very relaxing...I probably should NEVER listen to it while driving!!! I was, I believe, getting a little too relaxed, when out of nowhere....or I should say, out of the depths of the woods on the side of the road, came.....mommy deer and her babies one by one across the road in front of me! Fortunately, I saw them in time to stop! I thought they would keep walking across the road and go into the woods but nope!! They decided to make me just sit there stopped! They all three stood in the middle of the road and just stared at me for what seemed an eternity! Then when they were finished checking me out, they went off into the woods one by one, and gave me a nod as if to say it was OK for me to go on my way. Well I finally did make it safe and sound to my doctor's office with no further to-do. Strange how on the trip home there was not even one sighting of one creature! But my thoughts went once again to comfort. So many times I find myself concerned over things I shouldn't be concerned over. Things always have a way of working out. God always sees to it and He always takes care  of me. I was reminded once more...".hey..dummy!! don't you remember??? God  takes care of all of these creatures that you see... don't you think He can take care of  You??" I think in my neck of the woods there are a lot of lessons to be learned.



No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share