Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mr. Ed In The Driver's Seat

I do not go horseback riding any more! As a matter of fact I don't think I have been on a horse in at least thirty years! Mostly because I have had disc surgery and there is no way I am going to take a chance on bouncing around my bones! Back in the days of my "youth" however, I did go horseback riding. My kids, if they are reading this are probably thinking..what? Mom never told us that! Well.... there are SO many things...and a lot of you older parents know what I mean. Anyway...There was one particular time when I was in seventh grade and our youth group went on a horseback riding activity, and my best friend at the time, and myself, were so excited! It would be another chance to torment the leader! We were constantly tormenting the poor youth leader. Why? I have no idea...maybe we just wanted attention..But he always fell for it, and gave it, so I would say we were successful! (It is interesting how your "Best" friends kind of vanish as you go throughout life...or sometimes they disappear for a while and then reappear in a different scene.) Anyway, after riding, we were to have a cookout at this leaders' house....but somehow my friend and I managed to wander off into the woods. We discovered  a horse skull laying in the field. Our evil minds starting thinking of how we could use this to pull a prank on the leader. We took the skull and put it in the driver's seat of his car, and then went back to the group to join in with the cookout. We were feeling just a little guilty, but waiting in anticipation for the moment when he was going to discover Mr. Ed in the driver's seat! We were all eating hot dogs and enjoying ourselves, and actually, after awhile kind of forgot about our little prank.....Then, out of nowhere, came a high pitched scream that caught every one's attention! Everyone pretty much ran to where the leader's wife was.......by the driver's seat of the car...sobbing. OH BOY!! We wanted to go hide somewhere!  We heard murmurs like..."who would do something like that???"   Needless to say, after much questioning....me and my friend confessed to our wrongdoing...and that it was intended for the Mr. not the Mrs.! I have absolutely no idea why she went to the car...she must have needed something she left in there... but I think of  the shock  of seeing that horse skull propped up on the steering wheel and think to myself, if it were me today at my age....I would probably have a heart attack! I am glad she didn't! You can see, I was usually doing  something mischievous!....but now I have something to write about ....so I guess it served a purpose after all!! I do think of how sometimes things in our lives just kind of pop out at us like that horse skull and scare the living daylights out of us! Things happen everyday in our lives like that.... it is a part of life. But I have learned that there are never any surprises with God... He already knows what is up ahead.. He already knows about all of those horse skulls, if they are there... and He can handle it! Now just to make it clear....yes, my friend and I, did apologize immensely for our terrible prank...
              Psalm 27:1 "The LORD is my light and my salvation~ whom shall I fear?
 The LORD is the stronghold of my life~ of whom shall I be afraid?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share