Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Friday, April 29, 2011

Things I Wish I Had Done

Life I am finding out is relatively short! I am 51 and it seems like I was just a kid skinning my knees and climbing trees and catching salamanders under logs! Sure there are a ton of things I have done in my 51 years that I regret however I am realizing there are so many things I regret NOT doing! Why am I even thinking on all of this stuff this morning, you may wonder? Recently I received some "bad" news from my doctor which I suppose could make me depressed if I let it, but I know that only God knows what is in store for me and I am good with His plan; and am again reminded of how short life indeed is. We take it for granted when we are young and think we will live forever! Well...we have human bodies that wear out and get diseased and die, sometimes sooner than we planned. I am not going to tell you the things I wish I had done.....maybe another day after I compile a good long list!! But to my kids I say there is one that I should have done......I knew I should have done the bungee jump when I had the chance....don't think my 8oth birthday party is gonna quite make it. I have been saying for years that I would bungee jump on my 8oth birthday. There are many things I suppose you may have said..."someday" to. That  "someday" may not come. Life is short, sometimes way shorter than you think. Use today wisely, you only get it once.

"It isn't the thing you do, dear, It's the thing you leave undone, that gives you bitter heartache at the setting of the sun....."~~Adelaide Proctor

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share