Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Blind As A Bat


 I have no idea if bats are really blind...maybe you know. I remember hearing this phrase as a kid, "blind as a bat". I never did quite get that! Anyway... I found this old pair of glasses out in our barn and I suppose they were used by Grandpa to shield his eyes when he was working on the old truck or maybe just working with the animals he used to have. I tried them on just for fun and really couldn't see a thing with them...but then again I am one that you would say is "blind as a bat"! I finally, after about six years, decided I had better go get my eyes checked and get a new pair of glasses that I could actually "See" with, since I noticed I really can't see much with or without my glasses! That is pretty scary since I do all of the driving around here! Yeah....then I think about one of my friends who gradually, over the last year, has lost her sight almost completely. How terrible to not be able to see and have to feel your way around to do everything! I tend to stumble and fall a lot due to the fact that I can't always see details in front of me, and trip! I thought about that this morning as I was having my quiet moments here with the cat and dog and cup of coffee. How many times in my life I have stumbled and made wrong choices because I was not seeing clearly? I was not holding the hand of my guide.  I am so glad I have a guide that is holding tightly to my hand now, and this time I am not going to let go .....it was me who let go.  Many times we don't see what is in front of us and have no clue what to do ....but if we are relying on our guide to lead and direct our steps and trust Him, then we will make the wise choices and decisions that need to be made, instead of our own stumblings that cause us to fall into our own dumb pits.

Isaiah 42:16 "I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in the paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them."

Proverbs 3:6 " In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct  thy paths."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share