Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Just Ordinary


 This is just an ordinary eggbeater. I can picture my grandma using this to beat eggs or to whip some whipping cream but would you choose to use this today? I think you probably would rather choose the more sophisticated  newest model of a mixer or blender, or food processor. I look at this ordinary mixer and see myself. Sometimes I feel so ordinary. I am not super sophisticated or fancy. I prefer log cabins to beautiful , elegant Victorian mansions. I prefer jeans and sweatshirts to dressy clothes. I prefer country living to the city. I prefer eating in a small cafe' to an elegant restaurant.                              Have you ever felt ordinary? I mean just plain and simple? Non- sophisticated, unsuccessful, invaluable?  I got curious one day as to whether this old beater would still do the job as efficiently as the electric mixer, so I got it down from my shelf where it sat with my other collection of red and yellow handled once used tools.  As I began to crank that handle faster and faster my eggs whipped up pretty quickly. To my surprise this old beater actually whipped up the best batch of scrambled eggs I had made in a long while. It made me realize that though it is just an ordinary old beater it is useful and actually did a better job! Do you realize that even Jesus chose to use the ordinary over the sophisticated? He could have chosen His disciples from amongst the more elite or educated of the day.....I wonder why He chose the ordinary group of fisherman? He saw their value. He sees my value even though I am just ordinary. Maybe you are just ordinary too...you are valuable and usable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share