Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Monday, March 28, 2011

Noisy But Noticed

This morning  I was thinking about how we are just helpless little sheep. I love the Psalms and especially Psalm 23. The title for this blog is because of the fact I quote Psalm 23 every night before I fall asleep. I love to picture in my mind that I am that sheep and God is taking gentle care of me. I usually read a Psalm every day; but as much as I have read Psalm 28, I was surprised by it this morning when I re-read it. It struck me this morning that all through the Psalms,  David keeps asking for God to hear his cry for mercy. That sounds like a shepherd talking.....he would have a lot of experience rescuing poor little helpless sheep who were stuck in a pit or in a bush and just crying away as loudly as they could! He as a shepherd, would have gone to where that pitiful, little noisy sheep was, and had mercy upon it, picked it up in his arms, and carried it back to the flock. David saw himself as just a noisy little sheep before God His shepherd. I may be noisy and cry out to God a lot, but I take comfort in the fact that He notices my noisy cries for help, He pities me and has mercy on me! I am so glad that he sees me as a pitiful little sheep.....
                                                                                                                                                                        Psalm28:6-7 "Praise be to the Lord, for He has heard my cry for mercy. The Lord is my strength and my shield: my heart trusts in Him and I am helped."

Psalm28:9 " ....be their shepherd and carry them forever."


No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share