Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Got the Right Number?

I was rummaging around in our old truck shed  one day last summer in much trepidation, trying to watch out for the Pine snakes that like to lurk up overhead in the warmth of the rafters. I came across this old relic and of course I was ecstatic that I had uncovered yet another treasure! I brought it in, cleaned it up and immediately put it on display. Soon after, I received another one of my many country decor magazines in the mail and to my surprise there was a replica phone on the page for sale! I thought...they stole my idea!! But my phone has something theirs does not...it still has the original phone number etched on the circle.... and mine was actually used! In this day where just about everything is digital and animated, it is difficult nowadays to actually speak to a human when you call a business. Most of the time we are prompted to press #1 for this, #2 for that, #3 for everything else; and if you are anything at all like me, by the time you are done pressing numbers you almost have forgotten who it was you were calling and what you were calling for!  I am thankful this morning that when I call unto God , He hears me immediately . I don't have to go through any one else to get to Him. No party line!!  No one else is on the other end listening to the conversation ready and willing to gossip about it to the next anxious listener! He doesn't put me on hold.                                                        
Jer.33:3 "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and mighty things which you know not."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share