Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

That's What Ya Get!

I have to confess..I have had some pretty rotten thoughts! There have been some irritating people over the years that I would just as soon throw to the wind. Then you hear that something tragic has occurred in their life. What do you do? Do you react with  " That's What Ya Get!" ? ; or do you have compassion upon them and pray for them? We are supposed to be kind to those who hate us, bless our enemies, ya- da, ya- da....but do we practise what we preach behind closed doors? When no one is around are we saying differently? I think God "Really" wants me to learn this lesson big time, because lately He has put some of these examples in front of me.  I think I passed the test, but it was because He did it not me! I heard about a lady who I really did not like years ago, who I had been in a literal face-slapping fight with; had been sick, and then had more problems and had her leg amputated! I could have reacted with "That's What Ya Get"!; however I found myself deeply moved with compassion, and prayed for her. Now I know that God did that in my heart, because the way I felt about her  17 years ago was nothing but hatred! I know that there are people who have hated on me and have gloated over my problems and tragedies. I know I have been guilty of doing this to others in the past  as well.  Funny how this recently came up again in my life, and this morning up it popped again when I read Psalm 30....

                                                                                                                                                                                           Psalm 30:1 " I will exalt you O Lord, for you lifted me out of the depths and did not let my enemies gloat over me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share