Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Birthday Blizzard

Well, yesterday as many of you know was my 51st birthday! I am alive and well this morning and announcing that I had a "Birthday Blizzard" and I do not mean the kind from Dairy Queen! It figures that as soon as I got in a" Springy" mood and changed this blog theme once again to "Spring Has Sprung", we would get the biggest, "baddest", snow storm that we have received all winter! I had plans for my birthday....now what? You have to realize that we live way out in the boonies...down winding country roads that have houses sparsely scattered along them here and there! The nearest town to us where we do any shopping whatsoever is about 27 miles, and then it does not have all of the "good" restaurants and stores! In order to feel like you are back in part of civilization, one has to drive a little farther south to a larger town, where there is an actual mall and all of the name brand places to eat...at least the ones that I like! No, I am not getting paid to advertise...Olive Garden, Red Lobster, but most importantly......Texas Roadhouse!!! Yay.. my favorite.  So..to make a long story short..I was determined to go, in spite of the weather...only didn't realize just how deep that white stuff really was in my driveway! Of course neither of us are in any shape to do shoveling...but Rocky got out the shovel and began unloading some snow around the car and soon came back in announcing that we wouldn't be going anywhere...just too deep. Well..for me being the stubborn person that I am and since it was MY birthday...I was Not going to take that for an answer so on went my boots and out the door I went with a new determination that we were going to Texas Roadhouse....Blizzard or no Blizzard! By now Rocky was huffing and puffing and ready to take a nap. So I got in the Vibe and warmed her up and off I went down the driveway full speed ahead, until I hit a roadblock of about 2 and a half  feet of snow piled up in the middle of my driveway and there I was stuck. Still determined we were going to get out...I got out the shovel and began digging around the tires. I was really thinking of giving in and forgetting about it and maybe doing the birthday thing another day when the weather got better. Just then, a familiar little green pickup drove by belonging to our country neighbors. The same neighbors who have brought us piles of wood for our woodstove, and bless her heart...I call her the  " muffin lady" since she has on so many numerous mornings brought us warm muffins from her oven.  They were on their way to help another neighbor, but turned around when they saw me out there trying to shovel, so they came and shoveled me out!  Now that was a fine birthday present! I would not have had my Texas Roadhouse had it not been for them! I had a wonderful birthday...and I was reminded once again of what wonderful neighbors God has given to me..people who put into practise..."Love your Neighbor as yourself...."   

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share