Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sweet Tooth

 It's funny that even though this picture is about 23 years ago, I still recall my surprise when I entered my kitchen to find this little rascal up on a chair, eating up the sugar! I couldn't help but be amused so ran and got the camera, so here we are with this picture! The funny thing was, she thought she was in trouble and immediately told me that she didn't do it....her twin brother "Bo Bo" did it! Of course she had sugar evidence all over her face and hands, all over the table and floor and  "Bo Bo" was in the other room. I wondered why in the world she would even want to eat all of that "sweetness"?  She must have been craving something sweet I guess... it makes me think that we are supposed to crave after a relationship with God and His word . Sometimes I crave after a Hershey bar so bad that I finally have to just go get one. David the psalmist said that God's words were sweeter to him than honey. We sometimes get so busy we forget to even eat....maybe sometimes we do the same thing with God....we get so busy we forget to want His instructions. I know I need work in this area...really taking the time to pay attention to what His word says. It is relevant to every issue in life . " Help me Lord to have a "sweet tooth" for the things of God."
                                                                                                                                                                                  Psalm 104:33-34 "I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. My meditation of Him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the LORD."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share