Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Laugh A Little


 I met a lady recently that was so cheerful it was downright refreshing! I have had my share of negative people in my life and to be around this lady for even a few minutes was like a breath of fresh air! She was just bubbling over with exuberance and cheerfulness. I thought to myself...what in the world is she so happy about? She was obviously having a hard time walking, for she was using a cane. She obviously had a form of arthritis, as I noticed her hands were gnarled and twisted, and she was having a hard time opening her purse. She went out of her way to ask me my name and just giggled and smiled. I then realized why it was that she had made it to be as old as she was. You see, she told me she had just turned 90! I bet she laughs every day of her life! I know she made me laugh, that is for sure. Even the medical profession has recognized that laughter is beneficial to one's health. Solomon, who was supposed to have been the wisest man who ever lived, wrote the book of Proverbs. He said, "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine." Proverbs 17:22.  After meeting this very cheerful ninety year old, I started thinking about how little I actually laugh and decided it was time to make a change. Even on the worst day you can take a few minutes to think of something that will make you laugh. Think of when you were a kid how sometimes you would laugh until you cried! Maybe you just need to laugh at yourself once in awhile. Watch a funny movie, listen to some music and make yourself do something goofy...let yourself be silly once in awhile...it is good for your health! I hope that when I am 90 years old I will still be giggling and laughing with all of my old friends and with everyone who is around me...it sure beats being a bitter old prune!

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share