Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Very Present Help

Unless you have had your head stuck in the sand lately, you know that there have been all kinds of terrible things happening! Right now all that's happening in Japan is disturbing if you have any compassion at all. I found it hard to watch the news report of people looking for their loved ones in the rubble. My heart went out to them. The devastation is unbelievable! The news media has a tendency to create an anxiety and cause people to worry about the future even more than they maybe already are. Of course our economy is a mess, and people fear a government shutdown, unemployment, and numerous other worries and fears. I found myself thinking too....what if this? and  what if that?...but I am reminded of the verses that I know and believe.
Psalm 46:1-3 "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help  in trouble. Therefore will we not fear, though the earth be removed and the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; 
Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share