Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Behind Every Face


We all meet so many people throughout our lives. Some stay in our lives for the entire journey while some are just passing acquaintances. I have been going through a lot of pictures lately since I am trying to work on a memoir of my own life. It is pretty amazing all of the different people who have been involved in my life at one point or another. So many faces.....as they lay scattered upstairs on my floor.


Behind every  face I see a memory, a story.....a story that explains who that person is or was. A reason why their behaviour was such as it was. Maybe even at the time that person was in my life for the fleeting moment, I didn't take the time to know their story and therefore, misjudged. I look at some of these faces laying on my floor now....some of them are already gone on to Heaven. Some are out of my life now, and on to other places and people. Some of them I learned their true stories after it was too late for me to show them that I cared; and for that I feel so sad. I have come to realize lately that God sees people for their stories. He knows everything about them. He doesn't look at people the same way that we do. A friend of mine told me that he felt like he looks like a " freak.".....I told him that is not how God sees him. I wonder do I take the time to learn other peoples' stories? Perhaps if I did, I would be very surprised to see how only the grace of God has brought them through what they have been through. The next time you are quick to judge another, why don't you just stop yourself for a second; and look into their face, and realize that behind that face is a story that you do not know. 
Matthew 14: 14 " And Jesus...was moved with compassion toward them , and healed their sick."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share