Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Just a Little Candle

There is nothing quite as refreshing to me as walking in the house to the scent of  a candle burning or warming in a candle warmer. Usually, I pick the country scents like apple pie or pumpkin spice or vanilla bean. The thing is ....I just realized that I am fresh out of candles! If it were up to me, I would have one lit and put in every window...but we have three very curious cats that like to get everywhere that they are not supposed to, and I am convinced they would burn our house down! We get a lot of thunder storms here in the summer and many times have lost our power and my candles have come in handy for a little light. One little candle doesn't give off a whole lot of light, but when you have a bunch of them, you can light up the whole house. I am just one little speck in the whole spectrum of the world but I can make a little difference. Each of us together can make a bigger impact if we all worked together at it. I remember singing the little song ...."this little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine.....", and wondered what in the world that meant. My life can either give off a positive glow and actually inspire and help others or it can be dark and negative, and be a destructive force in somebody's life.  It's not always about  words that we can preach  "AT"  people, it is the way we treat them and are in character, that reflects the light of God in our lives. People need to see that we are for real...from the heart....not just religious in the head! I want to be more real  and less superficial.                                                                                                                                                        
Matthew 5:15-16 " Neither do men light a candle and hide it under a bushel but on a candlestick and it giveth light to all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share