Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Friday, March 11, 2011

It Has Been Good For Me....

"its not the tone of voice you use when you are praying, but the tone of voice you are using behind closed doors at home."...~Joyce Meyer

I was telling my daughter the other day that this has been the best year of my life... I am 50. I will soon be 51! I suppose to other people, looking from the outside at my circumstances, may say, " how can she say that?"  I have been thinking about how quickly this past year has flown by. Since my last birthday, I have been to many, many doctor appointments, had numerous medical tests, been added several prescriptions. Along with all of this, my husband has also been sick many times with pneumonia, at least three times this year, on top of his "normal" problems that stem from his brain injury. So how can it have been a good  year?
I have learned to really pray. Sure, I prayed all of my life and have been to church and even worked in a Christian School.....but it is easy to let Christianity almost become a " learned"  behaviour instead of a relationship with a person! True Christianity, is not  religion, but a relationship, in which I can talk to my "Best" friend, and in faith know that He hears me! A lot of people pray big lofty prayers but then turn right around and cuss out their family. I honestly do not believe God honors that. I heard this from Joyce Meyer this morning and it is no accident! I was already thinking on all of this...."it's not the tone of voice you use when you are praying, but the tone of voice you are using behind closed doors at home."  I have had time this past year to sit, think, and pray much! I have had some people mad at me for being bold enough to say that I had prayed for them. They may think I  am some kind of a kook! I am not perfect.....far from it!  I have my daily struggles just like every one else...but I know beyond any doubt that God is listening to my voice and has answered so many prayers over this last year. I do not enjoy being sick in the least...don't get me wrong.....and I love all of my friends who believe in praying for instant healing....however for me personally, I have to say,  " it has been a good thing for me to be afflicted that I may draw near to God."  Whether you are sick or in perfect health or things are going great or you are in a heap of trouble....it is always the same...He listens....  He Cares.....He does something about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share