Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Sunday, March 6, 2011

One of A Kind

I absolutely love antiques and one of a kind items from years gone by! Even as a little girl, I loved to rummage through old barns and just stand in awe at all of the old "junk" and think on how someone  in a different time valued what now was thrown aside in a heap of dust. I especially love to find things that were handmade, for then I know they are one of a kind. I look at this red bottle with the make shift sprinkle cap on it, and think of the story that my friend told me. She is the same dear friend who has given me so many other old things that I cherish...she told me this bottle was her mother's and she used it to iron with. I picture in my mind  an older lady back at least 70 or even 80 years ago, leaning over an ironing board, sprinkling water on her clothes, with this bottle of water. It was at one time so useful to that woman to help her get the wrinkles out of her family's clothes, and now here it sits upon my shelf to bring me pleasure just in the sheer looking at it! Amazing!
I am also a valued "ONE OF A KIND" person! Sometimes in my life I have not realized the full value of my life due to the way others have taken advantage of me and mistreated me; therefore, I began to believe the lies that I would never be as good as someone else, or that maybe everyone else was so much better, and deserved so much more than me; so I should just settle for whatever came to me...Bad idea! After a lot of soul searching, I know that this insecurity in the first place, was the root of my relationship problems. Dont' ever let anyone make you to feel like you are no good or  "not as good as" someone else that you can never live up to!...God made me a "One of a kind" item and values me greatly!! I no longer allow for people to make me feel like I am ugly, or worthless, or not as good as the next. I have come to see that with the confidence of God in my life I don't need to feel insecure anymore! I no longer need to be held back by negativity. I value Life....both mine and other's!
Psalm139:14 "I am fearfully and wonderfully made...."
                                          Psalm139:17 " How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God"

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share