Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Precious Little Kitty?... Not!

 We have three cats in our house but this one is "Precious"....No, she isn't all that precious; that is just her name! Sure she looks all innocent and sweet...don't let it fool you! She is the Best "critter" killer in this county, I do believe! She is responsible for  murdered birds, chipmunks, bats, moles, shrews, and mice that lay gruesomely massacred in our  yard, as soon as the weather permits! In the spring and summer I can see her from the kitchen window just lurking through the field looking for her next victim. She stealthily will creep up behind and then pounce! She really does remind me of a lion! I cant help but think that sometimes we let things creep up behind us in our lives and allow them to overtake us and pounce on us. Sometimes I wish I could rescue the poor little chipmunks or other victims of "Precious" to spare them their demise, but I am usually too late! I am thankful though, that an all loving God does many times run interference for us and has our back so to speak...He knows when we are about to be pounced upon; be it by something we are doing ourselves, or by someone else! He has our best interest in mind. He does come to our rescue and He is always in the nick of time!
1 Peter 5: 7-8 " Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion  looking for someone to devour."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share