Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Better Not Bitter

The sun coming through the living room windows this morning is so welcomed! It is refreshing and a great reminder that our future Spring is on the way...one of these days hopefully sooner than later! I try to write here what is on my heart and hopefully, it is something I can share! I was thinking this morning, that every morning when I wake up, I make a choice what my mind is going to think about or which direction I will allow it to go. I have been on purpose praying first thing....not because I am so spiritual and you are not....just the opposite, probably! Because I feel so wretched that if I don't pray immediately my thoughts tend to go the wrong direction right away, and then my whole day follows that path and of course I don't have to tell you......crappy day!   I have had a lot in my life that could make me bitter, but this last year I have worked hard at releasing each issue in prayer to God. I have no room for bitterness and want none of it! A very wise woman told me about a year ago, that sometimes we tend to bury the things that are hurting us the most and haven't even given those things to God because we are just hiding those things deep within. I started doing some deep soul searching and found out she was so right...there were so many issues I had not given over to God. So many hurts ...disappointments..so one by one I began giving them to Him and felt Him melt them away.  He is helping me little by little get  "Better Not Bitter", and as He does this ...(.which is a process by the way), it is as the sun shining through my window.

Ecclesiastes 11:7 "Truly the light is sweet, and a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to behold the sun."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share