Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Monday, March 14, 2011

Work In Progress

Sometimes we get to thinking a bit too much of ourselves....maybe we think we have arrived! Be careful...it's when we think we are "all that", a harsh reminder is given that we still have a lot of imperfections. Usually there will be someone, or maybe even a bunch of people, standing in line to tell us all about them! If you've been reading my blog, you know that I love antiques. I found this old tool out in the barn and am quite sure it is a handmade one. I think it was used to smooth out rough wood, to get the imperfections out. There are so many things in my life that have needed work on, that I feel like God is smoothing away little by little. I knew when I started this blog that I was making myself vulnerable in a way, as I am sharing my inner thoughts with who knows who...but I figure if some of my struggles and practical lessons learned can help someone else, then it is worth it. Some of the things I have had to really deal with lately are anger, bitterness, resentment, and unforgiveness. Strange, because it is not like I haven't had to deal with this issue in my life ever before! I have been hurt by people close to me on many occasions and really have forgiven them and moved on...but this last week it reared it's ugly head once more through a totally different situation I was so not  expecting! Once again I found myself angry, resentful, and unforgiving. God has been using His tool all week on me...His word and His still small voice...telling me it just isn't worth me upsetting myself over what another person is doing or how another is reacting. Certain Bible verses pop into my mind at just the right time.. I know that is no accident. I believe that is His tool...smoothing away my rough edges to help me be what he wants me to be. 
Ephesians 4:31-32 "Let all bitterness and wrath and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you , with all malice; And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."
So this morning, I say...Ok, God...I get it..... I  let go...the situation is yours ...the person is yours...You deal with it....Thank You for a new day and a new week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share